Sunday, December 26, 2010

#63-Self-Confidence

We all have our moments of insecurity. Even the most confident person will occasionally realize that they may not like their nose or how tall or short they are. I am thankful today for my self-confidence. In the past and even today people have said things to me that made me feel icky inside. It made me feel like one of those days when you want to crawl underneath the covers and never leave. Though my self-confidence always brings me back. I start to realize that I do have flaws and I can only try to accept them and try to improve them. But self-confidence makes you feel as though those flaws don't define who you are. If I got upset over every little thing someone said to me, I would be crazy! Also, the saying is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Someone else may think that you are too short or that you are too dark-skinned, but as long as you like yourself that is all that matters. Also, there is always someone out there who loves short women or dark-skinned women (or man sorry fellas for almost leaving you out). I think we definitely control our image of who we are. If you feel great about how you look, others will see you that way. If you feel like you what to hide that part of your body that you don't like, you will draw attention to that area. So to that person today who tried to make me feel like I was less than, thank you for reminding me why my self-confidence is so important!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment