Monday, October 25, 2010

#1 -I'm Alive


Today was one of those days where starting a blog about positive thinking wasn't the best idea. I vowed to myself that I would get up early, do yoga and get a start on life, but I couldn't move. I went back to sleep and started to think of all the negative things in life. As I say again, this wasn't a good day to start a blog about being positive. I thought about all the things I could say today on the blog, but I thought being alive was the most positive of them all. That was the reason why I got out of bed today and start this blog. Maybe it will give me a reason to get out of bed a little earlier and challenge myself. Being alive is so much better than being dead. I know that some people may not feel that way when you are down in the dumps, someone broke up with you or you don't feel like anyone accepts you for who you are. Though there is one thing in life that always happens and that is change. How I felt last year isn't how I feel now, or even last week. That is the beauty of life, that it has the ability to change.

This week I bought O Magazine purely because they had a quiz on finding your true calling. Though I came across a quote by Oprah, "We're all called. If you're here breathing you have a contribution to make to our human community." I am not sure what my contribution is, but I do know that someday I will know what that is. And being alive right now and continually being alive is the only way I will find that out. Thanks for my life, and the journey to find out what it's all about!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment