Monday, February 4, 2013

#3 Helping out others

  Today started off very easy and simple. I went to work, checked my emails and I thought that this was going to be a normal day. Though later on in the day, I found myself helping out someone by just listening to their story. It seemed as though no one had truly listened to how they were feeling. I began to relate and empathize to their story. At first I wanted to get up and leave because I was on a specific schedule, but something told me just to sit still and listen to them. I am not sure if I really helped that person out, but I know that they helped me out. It made me think of where I was a few years ago or even at my darkest days. Now I can tell you that my life can sometimes be stressful, but I never want to go back to those days. It is so important that we all help each other out in some sort of way. Whether it is helping an elderly person or opening the door for an able bodied person. Sometimes helping someone else out makes you feel better as long as it is genuine and you aren't doing it to get something in return. I know that there are people out in the world who do this, but imagine if everyone helped each other out with no expectations of anything in return. I do believe that we would live in a different place. Well, here's to hoping that more people will lend a hand to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment