Saturday, January 8, 2011

#76-Sanity

There have been times in my life in which I really felt like I needed to talk to a shrink. I needed to talk to someone who didn't know me and was unbiased. When I would walk in New York City people would talk to me out of nowhere. Soon they were talking about their problems in life and I just listened. I walked away and had to basically shake it off. I had to shake off all of their problems, so that I could deal with my own problems of the day. I wonder is that what a psychiatrist does everyday. Do they need to shake everything off so that they can deal with their day? Well, just because you want to speak to a psychiatrist or mental health counselor doesn't mean you are insane. But I will say with all of the people going crazy and shooting people, I am very grateful for my sanity. I couldn't imagine waking up everyday and hearing another person's voice or having an addiction problem. My biggest crisis is usually an argument with a loved one. So I am thankful for my sanity and if I ever become insane, please give me the health insurance to have a shrink to talk to because I wouldn't want to bother random people on the street!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment