Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#10-Slowing the F Down


So I just moved to Florida about three months ago and I am now just getting settled into things. The hardest thing for me to get used to was living in a slower paced city. I lived in New York City for about 7 years and everything was so fast and now I am moving to a place where people take their freakin' time! The bars close at 2am instead of 4am and everyone takes nice leisurely walks/runs in my neighborhood. Before that I was in college for four years where I was studying, in class, or partying! There was always something to do! But I will tell you in the last few weeks slowing the F down has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. I'm not only slowing down in pace, but I am being more reflective and realizing what is important in life.

I love living in America, but I will tell you that I feel like our country doesn't want to slow the F down sometimes. We are always looking for the next best thing, the quickest fix, but everything in life is a process and it does take time. I love that quote, "Life is journey and not a destination." Your journey might take a few years, or more, but it's about enjoying the process along the way. I am so grateful for my journey so far and there have been times where I have been impatient, but everything has worked out. When I lived in New York the best days weren't the days I was busy running around going from audition to audition then to work. The best days were relaxing in Central Park, going to dinner in the Village, or chillin' on a rooftop or backyard (mini backyard of course). Those days were meant for an episode of Sex and the City when the girls would have brunch at the same diner and casually walk and talk down Broadway. Basically the days when you slow the F down! I don't think life was intended to be spent running around trying to get to the top (and to the top of what?). Maybe I am wrong but I would rather spend my day taking my time!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment