Tuesday, November 16, 2010

#23- Holidays

I love the Holidays. I'm not just talking about Christmas, it means all holidays for all religions. Today my Muslim friends and family have a Holiday and it was like most Holidays. It involved food, family, friends, and more food. This holiday usually calls for a slaughtered sheep. (It's a long explanation and I won't get into it and no we didn't actually slaughter a sheep) Just know that it felt like any other holiday with my family. One thing I love about the holidays is the tradition. Family comes together and celebrates with food and conversation. There are usually smiles all around though sometimes there is drama. That's just how family is! My family has a tradition during Thanksgiving where we hold hands and say what we are thankful for. I love this tradition and I miss it. We would always hold hands, say what we are thankful for and someone was bound to break out in tears. It brought us closer to each other and those were times when I really appreciated my family. I love the random songs and decorations and it makes everyone feel so happy. No matter what religion you practice, everyone still loves a good old fashion Holiday celebration!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment