Friday, November 19, 2010

#26-Tenacity

There are moments in my life when I am truly lazy, but there are some moments when the adrenaline kicks in and I go above and beyond for the task. That is called being tenacious. I really love that word. When it rolls of my tongue, I feel like going out there and taking over the world. What does it mean to be tenacious? There are several definitions via freedictionary.com. The first one is, "Holding or tending to hold persistently to something, such a point of view." Other words in the definition involve, "grasping firmly," "cohesive", "retentive," and "stubborn." Stubborn?! Isn't that a negative word? I guess it depends on how you look at it. When it comes to my career or achieving a goal, I am usually very tenacious. When I hear that word it makes me want to do better and be a better person. Maybe it's okay to be stubborn when someone doesn't call you back for an audition, or give you an interview after you sent in your crisp and clean resume. Being stubborn (or tenacious) makes you find a way to make that person hire you or improve on your skills. If we didn't have that tenacious drive, maybe we would be sitting everyday on the couch eating Flaming Hot Cheetos. I've spent a couple of days doing exactly that and yes the Cheetos part! Everyone needs their couch potato day. Without tenacity I wouldn't feel that I have accomplished something and I don't know about anyone else, but I love that feeling. I am not sure if I will feel tenacious tomorrow or even the next day, but I will take it for now and continue doing what I need to do!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment