Monday, November 15, 2010

#22-Love


Love is a beautiful thing. I have strayed away from talking about love because I know so many love cynics and I wasn't sure how they would take it. Since I've been married I have received all kinds of responses from, "Congrats" to "Uuh I wish I was married" then to "Just remember there is always divorce!" I try to listen to the simple congrats and get the other voices out of my mind. I do know that I am lucky to have found someone to share my life with, but that doesn't mean that others aren't because they haven't. Love comes in so many shapes and sizes. Love isn't just between a man and a woman or a human to another human. There is love when your dog barks and greets you at the front door. (For my best friend's dog, she loves her owner so much she pees to show her excitement of her owner's safe return home) Love doesn't come in just one package and it's not always rosy and sweet. You can still love a person and temporarily hate their behavior, but that love will always last. Always remember that love is all around you and it doesn't always come in the form of a Saturday night date. Sometimes it's just a dog peeing on your carpet because they love you!! BTW, I sooooo want a dog.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment