Thursday, November 18, 2010

#25-Our family members' children


So a while ago I was thankful for children and how they show us to have more fun and not take life so seriously. I am also thankful to our family members' kids because they give us a little practice lesson and insight on how it will be when we have kids. I babysat again for my nephew (by marriage, but still my family :) and let me tell you thank you for that kid because without the practice I don't know what I would have done as a new parent. It's great too because he is 2 years old and I at least have another 4 years to practice. I have been working in schools usually 1st grade to high school, but it's been a really long time since I was consistently with the young ones. Everyone says when they have kids that they will do this and do that, but when you are trying to cook food, clean up and whatever else you need to do, you will forget those promises you told yourself. I vowed to not have my kids watch a lot of TV. After watching the little one for a full day, I will be using TV to do those much needed chores. Also, as a parent all you can do is your best. No one can be the "perfect parent." It just doesn't exist, especially when you have both parents working. I am so glad that other people's kids have helped to give me the thumbs up on my imperfections. Thanks for the practice and letting me know that it's okay to wait!!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment