Saturday, November 27, 2010

#34-Birthdays!

Tomorrow is my birthday and for the first time in a long time I am not super excited about it. I am not negative either about it. I am pretty much neutral. I am turning 29 years old, so of course I am happy to celebrate another year on this planet, but that is the only thing I am excited about. Maybe because I feel as though I have everything I need right now, so gifts or anything would be nice, but I don't feel that hunger to have them. This past year, I have begun to be thankful for non-material things. I am happy that I have a peaceful place to live, great friends and family, and someone to share my life with. My birthday is around the holidays so I never got huge gifts because Christmas was right around the corner. Maybe I just learned to appreciate the small things around my birthday. Though this is the first birthday in a long time where I am not spending it with my New York friends. (We always have dinner on each others' birthday, but my husband will be a great substitute) Dinner with them will be the only thing I miss, but hey I am alive and happy to celebrate another year. Next year will be a different story as I hit 30 years old (a.k.a. the big one). I welcome my 30th birthday next year with open arms!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment