Monday, December 6, 2010

#43-Meditation

When you grow up around two women (my mom and aunt) who meditated everyday, you are bound to grow up doing it. I find that as much as I said when I was younger that I would never do something, I ended up doing it. I've been doing meditation off and on since high school. Sadly to say since watching the new reality show about Russell Simmons and the women who run his business, I've been revisiting it again. I can't believe a reality show has brought me back to meditating. No one can say reality shows aren't good for you! I love meditating and I wish I did it more. It's just something that I need to be consistent with. It should be the first thing I do in the morning. No television, no music, just quiet time with myself. I usually repeat some sort of mantra over and other again and it keeps my mind from drifting off into things like bills I need to pay. After doing it I feel centered and prepared for my day. It only takes a few minutes out of my day before I do whatever I need to do for the next 12 hours. It's funny how doing something for a few minutes can help you with a whole day. I will try to continue to be consistent with it. I find it funny that I can be consistent with watching my favorite TV shows, but not to do something for a few minutes that will help me everyday! Interesting.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment