Friday, December 10, 2010

#47-This world is a small place

I love living in Florida, but I must confess there are moments when I miss New York City. I miss the hustle and bustle, the crazy people, and even the dirty subway. How can you live somewhere like New York for seven years and not miss it?! Luckily my husband and I are planning to go next summer, of course when it gets warmer there. Today I was in Ross getting Christmas gifts and I was talking to the cashier about living in New York and the people behind me mentioned they were from New York. For a moment we talked about where we lived. They were from the Bronx and of course I said I was from Queens, even though I am actually from Michigan. I didn't feel like explaining my whole life story at Ross! We nodded at each other, said goodbye and have a nice day. I have had numerous experiences like that in Florida. Sometimes I feel like half of New York moved to Florida. It makes me feel like I still have a little piece of New York here. I may feel miles away from the Big Apple or the Great Lakes, but there is always someone nearby that can bring me back home. I've even met people from Michigan and it reminds me of how great Midwestern people are. It also reminds me that even though this world seems so big, it can be so small!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment