Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#66-Walking

We have legs for a reason, right? There are a lot of people in the world who can't use their legs and rely on their arms and other parts of their body to get around. I am amazed how people who have been in an accident and are paralyzed get back up and make the best of their situation. Lately I have been so lazy and haven't been using my legs much. It has been cold and the holiday season makes you want to eat, sleep, and be merry. Today it is a little warmer, so I decided to walk to the grocery store to get a few items to make Mexican Cornbread. Yum! As I walked to the store I realized how we take our legs for granted. We can easily get into a car or a bus and it takes us where we want to go. I wonder how I would survive if I lived in the time period when there was barely a horse and carriage to take people places. I am sure that I would probably make the best of it. After walking to the store I felt like I had more energy and that I accomplished something today. I also felt thankful for the ability to walk and go where I needed to go! Thank you for my legs because I don't know what I would do without them!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment