Sunday, December 5, 2010

#42-Romantic Relationships

I think romantic relationships are great, amazing, messy, complicated, and I could go on forever with descriptive words. I am finding that romantic relationships are becoming so different than they were maybe 20 years ago, even 10 years ago, and if we were going to go back further they are very different. With the change of gender roles and sex being put out there in front of us everyday in media, I find that a lot of people are frustrated with finding a romantic relationship. Some people I know are finding it hard to find a mate and some complain about the one they are in. I know that people are trying to find love, because I think we as humans we were born to do it. Finding someone to love and to love you is one of the greatest things on earth. Though, I've realized with every relationship there are going to be tests. Tests for your relationship and for both partners. The best thing about a romantic relationship (that isn't just based on romance) is that you learn about yourself while being in the relationship. You learn how you react to things, to others, and sometimes it shows you a big fat mirror in front of your face. I know I have seen that mirror and at the time I didn't like what I saw. Though later on I realized why the mirror was there. It was there to make me a better person and to realize that I need to take responsibility for my actions. Today's blog may be too much for some people, especially if you have never been in a committed relationship. Just think of it as any relationship, even non-romantics ones, they are there to make you better and stronger.

I know so many people who complain about dating, that they can't find the right person. Of course, people are thinking this is coming from someone who has someone, but I felt the same negative way about relationships and until I changed to a positive view and concentrated on improving myself was when I found someone. Dating is there for you to know what you will like and dislike in your perfect mate. It's like shoe shopping, except you will consistently do it for a long period of time, you will also get dinner too and other perks (hopefully). If you meet someone who spends the whole date complaining about life you will realize that it turns you off when people do that and you could never be with someone who does that! You have not only realized something about the type of person you want to be with, but simple about YOU! Again, I really think romantic relationships help you learn about yourself and what's better than learning more about how you tick. Oh we are all so self involved!!!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment