Friday, December 31, 2010

#68-Looking Back

History teaches us so much if we are willing to look back and learn from it. Yesterday I watched the movie, "Rosewood." The movie takes place in 1922 and is a true story about an all-black town that is destroyed after a woman lies about a black man beating her. The men from her town go on a rampage and murder almost everyone in the other town. This is a movie that I would love everyone to watch especially those people who aren't familiar with America's history post- slavery. (Yes there are still people who don't know a lot about slavery) Looking back at America's history makes us realize why we should never forget our past. As we go into a New Year, I definitely look forward, but I also try to look back. I look back to all the things that happened in 2010. It was a good year for me, but it was a year of change and there were difficult moments from getting married, experiencing a death in my life, and then moving to a new state. I learned so much about how to handle stress and change. If I didn't go through what I did in 2010, I couldn't have learned these lessons to make myself a better person in 2011. So thank you for the mistakes of the past to improve my future!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment