Sunday, December 12, 2010

#49-Gloomy Days

Today was a cloudy and rainy day. There was no sunshine and it was a little chilly. When I mean chilly, it was about 50 degrees. Today the Midwest got hit by a crazy snow storm and it made me realize why we moved here because I really hate cold weather and I don't like snow! I grew up living in Michigan, so snow was always around me, but I don't miss it. Though looking outside and watching the news about the Midwest made me want to curl on the couch all day with a blanket. I do love sunny warm days, but nothing is better than a cloudy day that gives you an excuse to do absolutely nothing. When you talk to people and say "It's cold outside. I don't want to do a thing," they usually agree with you. When it is a gorgeous sunny day and you want to be lazy people will make you feel guilty for staying in bed. You feel compelled to get up and enjoy the day, even though you are tired. So I am happy that gloomy days give you an excuse to do absolutely nothing without anyone disagreeing with you. I think the sun is coming out tomorrow, so I better store up my energy. Well, if we chose our daily mood according to what the weather was like outside, in the winter there would be a lot of non-productive people. Well I'm glad we don't do that. So smile today because it's gloomy!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment