Thursday, December 30, 2010

#67-Health Insurance

Even if you don't have health insurance at this moment, hopefully sometime in your life you did have it. These days having health insurance is like winning the lottery. I haven't had health insurance for about two years and I am so thankful to have it today. There are so many things that we take for granted everyday. I took for granted the convenience of going to a doctor and getting a prescription for a few dollars. There are people all around the world that don't have the opportunity to do that. When I had health insurance I never knew a life without it. I could go to the doctor even if had a small cough. There are people with curable diseases, but don't have access to medicine. When I became uninsured I realized how good I had it and that in a blink of an eye your life can change. I am grateful for the opportunity to go to the doctor today and I hope one day everyone will be able to have access to medicine. Instead of the right to bear arms, how about the right to medicine?!

No comments:

Post a Comment