Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#59-Being humble

Throughout the years I have realized that I am a bit of a know it all. After having two Virgo perfectionist parents my carefree Sagittarius self still needs to know everything. I think it comes from my love of knowledge. I am always eager to learn something new, but I think I want to seem as though I know it already! Today I was faced with a know it all in my CPR/First aid class and she kept telling me what to do and it started to bug me. I thought to myself, this chick should let the instructor teach us, but I realized that two know it all people working together doesn't help a situation. I decided to be humble and let her teach me. She has taken this class for the past few years and she obviously knows more than me. She also elaborated on her First Aid experience and I realized that she took pride in her skills. While she talked about how long she has done this and her experience, I just listened. I didn't try to seem as though I knew as much as she did. I realized that she needed the spotlight and furthermore I could learn from her. My body felt relaxed and I didn't feel tense or upset. I just let go and felt humbled by the experience. Today was a great lesson in learning that I don't know everything and I don't need to know everything. Thanks for the slice of humble pie today!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment