Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#51-Smiling through the pain

I exercise about 3-4 days a week and I usually do 20 minutes of cardio with intervals and I do a 45 minute strengthening workout. I lift weights and do lunges, squats, and basically anything that brings me pain! Today was very difficult because I incorporated a new move involving lunges and weights. Oh goodness, I was in so much pain while doing the workout. I decided to not only tell myself to just do it, but I obnoxiously smiled through it. Luckily I was the only one in the gym because if anyone saw my face, they would have officially deemed me as crazy. With every lift of my leg, I just kept smiling and told myself to keep going. It actually worked because I finished the entire workout with vigor and excitement. Imagine if we smiled through everything that was difficult and seemed impossible. Would your experience be any different? Would it make it harder to just give up? I know that during my workout smiling made it easier to finish. I found myself not being so serious about it! I thought to myself, "They are just lunges and squats, why not try to make them a little fun?" Again I do think if someone saw me today they would think I was crazy. Well screw them because when I look at the goals I have accomplished with my weight loss I could care less what someone thinks of me. Maybe I am being too presumptuous. Maybe they would probably just smile too!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment